It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: CINEMA, PAST OR PRESENT....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 am 

Yes. It's a shame the idea didn't get the quality of treatment it deserved. But then, I'm a harsh critic of such things. rolleye

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:45 am 

Let's shake this baby up a little....

I saw Star Trek: Out of Darkness tonight. My friend and I both loved it, but I saw it in 3-D at Imax. If you are over 50, seeing it in 3-d at IMax should be called, 'Star Trek: Out of Barfness'. I'm telling you I got vaguely nauseous at least 2x. :haha: What a hoot! So much action, good acting, fair story, nice origin tribute moments and 1 or 2 suprise appearances/references to ST canon. Worth the money, I think.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:04 am 

Star Trek: Out Of Barfness :lol:

Daughter and granddaughter went to see it. Much hotness created by Benedict Cumberbach :wink: Plus they loved Simon Pegg, but they did already.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:31 am 

Oh, yes, I meant to say....the boyz all photographed quite well this time round. Chris Pine, too, did quite an improved job of acting..much more subtle. He is extremely charismatic, and of course, you can't take eyes off of Zachary Quinto. Lighten that hair a bit and he might've been a damn good Ennis.

Of course the character of Kirk was almost a pantomine-and a brilliant one-on Pine's part first time around. I will say, I liked the dramatic pacing better in the first. The 2nd one was a little more pat. They went for action and a bit lazy on the story line. The first was just more powerful, IMO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:42 am 

Zachary Quinto - older than Heath sadx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:52 am 

I saw The Internship last weekend and I admit I LMAO over it....There were some truly funny moments. Vince Vaughan and Owen Wilson are actually pretty good comedians. The supporting cast was lovely, too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:37 am 

That's another film featuring Rose Byrne, isn't it? I'm sure it will be one I'll get around to. At the moment I have Argo and End Of Watch here waiting for me to feast my eyes on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:43 pm 

miniangel wrote:
At the moment I have Argo and End Of Watch here waiting for me to feast my eyes on them.

So did you watch them already, M?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:22 pm 

Yes, I did. Argo was pretty good without being brilliant. Ben Affleck's beard deserved an award of its own. Afterwards, I read up on the incident and discovered the truth :haha: The Kiwis and Brits weren't happy about how they were portrayed, but that's Hollywood for you. And End Of Watch was also good without being brilliant. I watched it with MrA and I could tell he wasn't keen on it. I'd rather watch films by myself :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:10 pm 

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/mov ... terstellar

Wow, what a cast-Chris Nolan certainly knows how to attract moviegoers!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:35 pm 

That will be one for my list, for sure. Although, you know.....the missing name..... sadx

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:46 pm 

I'm looking forward to Godzilla, one of my guilty pleasures. I had a very weird dream that me and a bunch of peeps were getting chased thru buildings and streets by a giant ape...it was almost interactive, like I was directing my part in the movie. Fun stuff. When I woke up I heard some loud construction up the street....:) the mind is so inventive.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:41 am 

Ha! Fabulous! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:55 am 

I saw Godzilla and I thorougly enjoyed it. Fantastic cinema, and not a bad story.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:58 am 

I confess that all those tentpole films kinda pass me by. My attention doesn't stretch that far.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:51 am 

Ok, here's a movie which I really would like for you to guys to watch also. Because I would like to know what you think about the movie. It's a German gay themed movie called Freier Fall (Free Fall).

I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and I totally love the movie. The thing that is also interesting there, is the fact that you can't help but notice that there are loads of similarities to Brokeback Mountain. There are many scenes where the main characters are basically doing the same things that were done in BBM. Can't help but wonder how conscious decisions those were from the filmmakers although I'm sure they are well aware there are a lot of similarities to some BBM scenes in their movie. Or was it just something that they felt it was necessary to do exactly that way for the story to work.

But anyway, BBM aside :D , I really really love the movie. The actors that play the main characters are really good match. The movie wouldn't work if their chemistry wasn't so good. There is not even the slightest discomfort between them even on the most intimate scenes. I really love their acting. You don't see the acting, you see the characters and you fall in love with both of the main characters. You really feel for them. Happiness, sadness, hate, pity, sympathy etc. And you can really feel the love and passion that the two men have for each other.

The movie is about two cops (training to be cops). The other cop is in terms with his sexuality, but the other cop isn't and he has a wife in common-law marriage and a baby on its way. Sooo... you can already see what the problem here is and where the movie is going. :D

It's the kind of movie where lots of things aren't said. There are scenes where the characters don't say much or don't say anything at all. Which keeps the movie interesting I think. The answers aren't handed to the viewer. The viewer has to find the answers themselves just by looking at the facial expressions and such. And even in the end you don't have all the answers, but that is what makes this movie intriguing and makes it stay in your thoughts even after watching the movie. You could ponder endlessly what is going on in the minds of the characters.

Besides the great acting and the storyline that is built excellently the thing that made me sigh of happiness is the cinematography of the movie. The thing that I hardly ever pay any attention to, but now it like came straight to my face how marvellous the cinematography was.

I have the movie on DVD, but I think you can find it on Netflix for example.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:56 pm 

Sounds interesting. I went searching through the local library catalogue but couldn't see it there. I'll keep an eye out for it. We have heaps of foreign films available but they can take time to get released here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25