It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: How Has Heath's Life Changed Yours?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:19 am 

I think I am less inclined to fall for bullshit, which comes about because I am more secure in my opinions. That doesn't mean they've become ossified, just that I don't automatically feel I'm probably wrong. I think I am more willing to get out there and do things instead of hanging back. I definitely feel more honest and brave.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:19 pm 

Okay, so here we are another year later.....

Heath's been gone a while now, whilst his legacy truly lives on. We experienced the last of his movie work on earth with The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, which had to be finished without him. We've seen neither hide nor tale of the movie about a chess prodigy that was his next project, The Queen's Gambit; and we did see The Tree of Life make it to the screen, a movie that originally was going to be made with him in the lead. We've also had the priviledge of watching his young daugther begin life and grow thru the phases of young childhood. Thankfully, the spotlight on her has become less intense, allowing her some private space to grow into her own person.

But nothing fills the space Heath occupied in life-neither his artistic or personal legacies.

So, somehow, we still cling to his memory as an artist and an extrordinary person.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 am 

Sweet thread! smilex

This post is going to be long, but it's therapeutic for me to write it. Creatively, Heath kickstarted me. I'm in my 30s now, but as a child/teenager I used to write stories and draw pictures constantly. All the time! I was known for it, heheh.

Creative English and Art & Design were subjects I excelled in the most when I was at school. I left school to study Media Production at college, but I became complacent and lost interest. Soon after, I was pregnant at 19. Had my son when I was 20, and every aspiration I had went out of the window. My parents had old fashioned views and told me ''That's your life now for the next 16 years - you made your bed, lie in it!". So, even though I was still with his dad (who worked long hours), I did nothing but look after him and clean the house. I had no time for anything else - no social time, no spare time, no time to chill out. My drawing and writing stopped completely because I was so exhausted. And I stopped thinking about doing anything creative. I lost my ''mojo'', so to speak.

I had 2 more children, so I was always busy. But one day, I was thinking it had been years since I had drawn or written stories. I just didn't have the energy. The Dark Knight came out, and Heath's Joker entranced me completely. It was like a light went on in my head - and for the first time in many years, I had a muse! A new lease of life, energy! Something (someone!) kicked me up the backside, and I got the pencils and paper out once again. I took 13 hours to complete a sketch of the Joker in his jail cell, and it was pretty decent. 7 years since I had drawn anything and maybe I hadn't lost the ability after all! I also wrote a 20 chapter long fanfic, inspired by Heath's interpretation of the Joker. An online friend was my biggest fan, though I got some good reviews from other people too. My confidence in my creativity was restored.

I have so much to thank Heath for...so much. My husband doesn't know the half of it, and he would probably be a bit dismissive about it if I told him. But Heath gave me inspiration and a belief in myself, and I thank him for it.

Thank you, Heath. alove1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 pm 

And thanks for telling us, NeverForget. That's great! I love reading things like that. thumbup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:06 pm 

I realise I've never properly answered this question, maybe because I find it hard to separate out the Heath influence from the BBM influence. I did once say that BBM shattered me by showing me how we can wind up leading lives which aren't being true to ourselves, and Heath put me back together by giving me an example of how to just go for dreams instead of wondering about what might have been. He has certainly been my muse and my reason for turning my life into something I can be happy about. I'm afraid that answer really doesn't do justice to either Heath or BBM but that's the gist of what happened - they caused fundamental changes in the way I think and behave.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm 

Same "problem" here, Marian. smilex (The BBM/Heath thing...) I've just tried to write a response... but I guess it's too late for me (and I did have a rather busy day after all :wink: ) and I'm too tired for serious soul searching right now. (Not that I'd want to search my soul too much anyway - ...you'll never know what you'll find :scared: )

But what you just said is certainly true for me too. yesd

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:20 am 

Angie, I loved reading your post. I'm pretty sure it happens to alot of people, life, marriage, kids etc happens and many hopes and dreams get pushed aside or in some cases forgotten about. I'm so happy you finally got your "mojo" back again :D I wonder if Heath had any idea how many lives he changed, not just as an actor but as a thoroughly decent human being too?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:59 am 

I suspect quite a few people told him and I also suspect that he would have felt as if they were having him on or talking up a little thing or whatever, you know, he would have minimised his effect on people.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:25 am 

Aaw, thanks folks! Everyone here is so nice and understanding. cuslx I honestly didn't think anyone would read my post, but that didn't really bother me...like I said before, just typing it all out was therapeutic for me! It's nice to have a place like this as an ''outlet'', so to speak. And to talk to like minded people who appreciate the man and his legacy. smilex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 pm 

^^^^^^^^^^

Profund post, NeverForget...I always get a little irked when I hear how people are pressured into life choices. But also very glad when we don't lose ourselves...perhaps we just shelve our inner wishes for a while, depending. I'm one of those people that did not have quite the constraints of responsibility that others have had-and I'm still not quite out of my shell. I've done things in fits and starts, and it just seems as humans, we definitely have a tendency towards the less controversial path. One of my fave concepts is the road less travelled, and though I do feel I'm taken that in a couple of ways, I've maintained more or less a straight path. Perhaps it's time to step off it a bit....thanks for the inspiration!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:45 am 

^^ Aaw, goodness. That's very kind of you!

I've been feeling for years as though I've 'lost myself'...kind of bogged down, mentally and physically, with being a mother and a housewife. Hubby works long and sometimes unsociable hours, so I'm on my own a lot. I hate that word 'housewife', it feels so old fashioned. Even the word 'homemaker' feels a bit negative - as though the person who stays at home with the kids (usually the woman) has a nice easy life with lots of spare time to bake cakes and watch TV all day! I've had a couple of little part time jobs since having the kids, but nothing long term because I can't be 'flexible' enough for employers. I was recently made redundant from a nice little job I had - I only worked 2 days a week, but it was good to be 'me' and earning my own money gave me satisfaction. I've found myself becoming more immersed in the world of Heath (again!) since that happened - he can be a great pick-me-up for when you're feeling down! smilex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:03 am 

Fortunately there's no cut-off date for rediscovering yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 am 

Yes you're right, and that's a good thing! That old cliche, ''it's never too late''.

Or as Marty McFly (lol!) would say - 'If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 am 

NeverForget, you're quite ambitious, carrying jobs while raising kids and being a wife. 3 quite separate professions....Sounds like responsibility has been your catchword for many years. You could have much worse character traits! smilex

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:07 am 

canstandit wrote:
NeverForget, you're quite ambitious, carrying jobs while raising kids and being a wife. 3 quite separate professions....Sounds like responsibility has been your catchword for many years. You could have much worse character traits! smilex

kissz34 Bless ya, aw...I'm kind of blusing right now...I've never had so much praise before. shamesdf Thank you for being so kind (you and miniangel, and the other lovely people I've spoken to so far on this forum) I've been thinking for the last few weeks of re-starting my fanfic writing again, and yes, Heath is the inspiration behind those thoughts. I'll see how that goes!

Anyway, enough about me! I'm going to read the rest of the previous pages of this thread now. I'm really interested to read about other people's experiences. :)